It's finally starting to feel like summer! There are so many fun summer recipes I've been meaning to try forever. I'm starting a new weekly theme for the summer. This drink sounds so delicious. I can't wait to try it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 1 1/4 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
- 8 ounces gin
- 9 ounces rhubarb syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces cold Prosecco
- lemon rounds for garnish
Rhubarb Fizz Cocktail:
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let cook for 3 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender. I strained mine because I did not want the pulp in my drink. But you could simply remove the vanilla bean and call it good. Pour into a container and store for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- To make the cocktail, put the gin, rhubarb syrup, lemon juice, and ice in a pitcher. Stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice, and top with Prosecco and a lemon round. Cheers!