Happy Friday everyone! I haven't posted one of these in awhile. It feels good to be back blogging after the holidays. How was your week? It's been all gloom and doom here in Austin. The sun has barely came out, along with some non-stop rain. Funny how much weather can effect attitudes. I've had a lot on my plate lately so I'm really looking forward to a relaxing at home this weekend and kicking my bad attitude. Tonight, my sister and I are going to a live-taping of a fun podcast. Other then that, I just plan on running, cleaning my apartment, and relaxing so I am refreshed and ready to take on all the crazy next week. I'm even hoping to sneak in a few walks around my neighborhood and catch a sunset or two like the one above.
What are your weekend plans? I hope you all have a lovely one!
I'm launching a new series of blog posts today all centered around travel! In regards to traveling, I have been pretty fortunate lately. Over Christmas, I bounced around between the Black Hills and all over the mountains in Colorado. I thought I would piece together a short travel guide for all the cities I visit. Over the next couple of months we are traveling a lot! Next up is Jackson Hole, WY!
I hate travel guides that list a million things to do. Who really has the time or money to do all of those things? Honestly, most of my traveling fits into an extended weekend, or just a normal weekend for that matter. That's why I'm going to do my best to only post things to do, see and eat for "one-day."
Now let's get to the good stuff. I'm starting this off with Denver, CO! This town has a special place in my heart. It's technically my hometown. I was born in Denver and growing up my family and I made frequent trips down to the mountains to ski, play soccer, and enjoy the art scene. The last couple of years I've noticed that Denver has done a great job of developing north of the river. That's where this travel guide is mainly going to take you. There is plenty to do in a day on that side of town. Below are my favorite places! They range from shopping, and ski gear to wood fired pizza in a shipping container and craft beers. If you ever make it out to Denver be sure to hit up some (or all) of these places.
1. Terminal Bar - (pic #2) Located in the newly renovated Union Station, this is a great place to grab a drink and people watch as Amtrak arrivals pass through
2. Work & Class - (pic #3) great place for dinner and happy hour
3. Cart-Driver - (pic #4) wood fired pizza in a shipping container, this place is pretty cozy
4. Topo Designs - (pic #5/6) t their flagship location and pickup some of the best Colorado made packs, apparel, and accessories.
5. Crema Coffee - (pic #7) best coffee in the area (they even have Dogwood, my personal favorite)
6. The Populist - (pic #8) a favorite dinner spot centered around communal eating and phenomenal food, tip: don't pass on the list here
7. Our Mutual Friends Brewing - Great beer, need I say more?
8. Denver Art Museum - The largest museum in town.
9. Denver Botanic Gardens - A great place to soak up the Colorado sun.
10. Steadbrook - Curated menswear
11. Jiberish - Curated ski and skate gear
12. Denver Beer Co. - They have a great patio and typically keep their large garage doors open. Tip: try the Graham Cracker Porter